Kansas City Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycles are a popular American pastime and also are a fun and exciting method of getting from place to place, but unfortunately with little to no protection from an accident or fall. Motorcycle riders face a dramatically significant risk of severe personal injury when in a crash with another car or truck. And right or wrong, common perception tends to place the blame on motorcyclists in anything from insurance claims to courtroom cases. When Springtime and summer rolls around it is the season for motorcycle riders to hit the streets. But unfortunately at the same time as more motorcycle riders take to the roadways, the extreme risks of deadly motorcycle accidents dramatically increases. Motorcycle related accidents peak during these warm weather months and these warm weather conditions may be perfect for riding motorcycles, most Missouri and Kansas motorcycle crashes occur in these warm weather months and even on dry roadways.
On average 15 percent of all roadway deaths per year in the United States are motorcycle accidents. For this reason it is critical to take any and all of the necessary safety precautions before getting out on a motorcycle on the roadways. But even the most seasoned and safest motorcycle riders are at a severe risk due to the other careless and reckless drivers out on the roadways that cause a majority of the motorcycle crashes. If you or a family member has been severely injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another drivers careless acts in Missouri or Kansas, our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys can help you seek justice and the highest level of compensation for your injuries.
With more than 100 years of combined experience, the motorcycle accident attorneys at White, Graham, Buckley & Carr, L.L.C. in Kansas City & Independence have the skills and experience to help preserve the rights of motorcyclists in these often-complex personal injury cases. At The White, Graham, Buckley & Carr Law Firm our personal injury attorneys will evaluate your accident free of charge and will go over your legal options for recovery of your losses. By law you have a legal right to seek out compensation for your injuries in a motorcycle accident when another drivers careless acts is the cause of the accident.
Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys can help
At White, Graham, Buckley & Carr, L.L.C., we have a thorough understanding of the special considerations relating to motorcycle accident injury claims. We have the following qualities to help our clients through even the most complex claims:
- Specific motorcycle accident experience. Negative public perception can cause motorcycle accident victims to face challenges that do not exist in other types of motor vehicle accident cases. We know how to develop cases that dispel common stereotypes to help our clients pursue the compensation they deserve.
- Successful results for our clients. Motorcycle accident victims typically sustain severe injuries, incurring costs that can extend over a lifetime. Our settlements and verdicts demonstrate our ability to help our clients receive the full compensation they deserve for motorcycle crashes and other personal injury cases.
- Investigative skills and resources. Severe injuries often prevent motorcycle accident victims from remaining on the scene to collect potentially-critical evidence to support their claims. Our clients in Eastern Jackson County or the Kansas City metropolitan area can count on a lawyer from our firm to conduct a thorough investigation, using investigative specialists when needed to unravel the details behind each accident.
- Compassionate support. In addition to providing qualified attorneys, we also have a team of knowledgeable, personable staff members dedicated to ensuring you receive prompt answers to all questions and any other assistance you need as we guide you through the legal process. Client testimonials attest to the support we provide.
Severe Injuries from Missouri and Kansas Motorcycle Crashes
Riding motorcycles on the roadways where other drivers become a huge risk factor can be quite often are very dangerous even when these riders follow all traffic safety laws. A motorcycle does not have the ability to absorb a crash nor the safety belts that other cars and trucks have. This essentially means there is an extremely greater possibility of severe injury when a motorcycle crashes.
Hundreds of thousands of motorcycle riders in both Missouri and Kansas are subjected to the the high potential for a motorcycle crash every time they are on the roadways and this is largely in part due to the negligence of other drivers on the streets. Missouri alone has over 147,000 registered motorcycles and 342,000 licensed motorcycle riders.
Another aspect in severe motorcycle related accidents is that motorcycles weigh a considerable amount less than cars and trucks out on the roadways. Some of the injuries that are sustained by the motorcycle rider in car accidents that involve a motorcycle and another car or truck include:
- Severe leg or femur injuries
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injury
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis / paraplegia, including quadriplegia
- Serious internal injuries
- Burns and/scarring
- Joint, muscle, back, neck, and bone injuries
- Knee damage
- Broken hands, arms and bones
- Catastrophic injuries
- Disfigurement of the face and body
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Lacerations and contusions
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident call White, Graham, Buckley & Carr LLC today to get a free consultation. 816-373-9080
We will fight for your rights, justice and the highest level of compensation.NHTSA Motorcycle safety Information
Motorcycle Accident Frequently Asked Questions.
In A Motorcycle Accident Injury Case How Much Can I Recover?
In the state of Missouri there is no limit to the amount of damages you can recover for your motorcycle accident injuries. If you or a loved one are injured or have become disabled because of the injuries you sustained in your accident, you can be financially compensated for your pain and suffering, as well as, for your future loss of wages because you or your loved one is no longer able to work at your normal job due to the injury or disability.
Can I hire a local attorney to handle my motorcycle accident that occurred in another state, or do I need to hire an accident lawyer in that state?
It is usually a good idea to seek legal representation from an a lawyer that is licensed to practice law in the state that you live in. A local accident lawyer in your State can seek the advice of a motorcycle accident lawyer in the state that the accident took place. The experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at White, Graham, Buckley & Carr. LLC can review the details of your accident case and advise you of your legal options.
What If A Family Member or A Loved One has Died In a Motorcycle Accident?
When a family member or loved one has died unexpectedly from a motorcycle accident everything in life changes and gets turned upside down from the tragedy. Quite often family members and loved ones are completely caught off guard and don't have the money available for funeral expenses. There may also be medical costs from the loved one or family members treatment at the hospital or where the motorcycle accident took place.
If your family member or loved one has passed away due to the actions of another motorist, business or uneven roadways due to construction, you will need to speak to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney immediately. Your legal rights and your family’s rights need to be protected in an injury accident such as this.
Beyond justice and financial compensation you and your family may be entitled to the costs associated with the funeral, incurred medical expenses and possibly other forms of compensation. In the the case of a wrongful death lawsuit the case must be brought forward within 2 years of the date of your loved ones passing in order to receive financial compensation.
- My medical bills from the accident, how will they be paid? Your health insurance will be the first inline to pay for your medical bills, if you indeed have health insurance. The settlement from the other drivers insurance company should cover the majority if not all of the all medical bills along with also paying compensation for pain and suffering. Our attorneys can review your accident case and advise you of your legal rights and compensation for your injuries.
- After the accident should I inform my insurance company? By law you are supposed to advise your auto insurance company about the accident.
- Will the other drivers insurance cover the damages and costs associated with the accident? Unfortunately more often than not the main goal of the other motorists's insurance provider is to protect their insurance client and their own company from any financial loss. with this in mind be cautious about giving written or verbal statements to their sides insurance agents or adjustors, because more than likely your verbal statements or conversation will be recorded by the other sides insurance adjustor. For these reasons, especially in an injury accident case where the other driver is at fault, it is advised that you let your attorney make the communication and statements between their insurance provider.
- Will I need to get a copy of the police report? This is one of the first steps that must be taken, but we will get copies of the accident reports for you when we take on your motorcycle accident case.
- Coping with a sudden loss website.
What are the forms of compensation I may be about to recover in my motorcycle accident case?
The forms of compensation you are able to recover in a motorcycle crash case can differ and may be slightly different in each individual state, but these are the most common:
- Medical bills that were a result of the accident
- Financial compensation for any pain and suffering
- Lost wages or income due to your injuries from the accident
- Property damages
- Punitive damages
When a motorcycle accident is a wrongful death case due the the loss of a loved one, the family members will be able to recover further compensation:
- The costs of the funeral and burial
- The loss of future wages of the deceased loved one
- Medical bills prior to the loved ones passing
- Any other losses associated with the loved ones wrongful death
- Loss of companionship and affection
Are the laws different in each state when pertaining to motorcycle accidents?
The state laws pertaining to motorcycle accidents are slightly different in each state. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have a vast network of resources and over a century of combined experience that is needed to navigate these unique and often complex motorcycle accident cases in any given state or city across the nation.
How much will it cost me to have White, Graham, Buckley & Carr LLC. take on my motorcycle accident case?
Our personal injury attorneys get paid until your motorcycle accident case has been settled. Once our law firm takes on your accident case, the majority of the up front expenses of the case such as court costs, investigation expenses and expert witnesses, will be covered by the law firm until a settlement is awarded. In some cases your medical bills may also be deferred until the accident case is finalized.
Exceptional results. Personal service. Good lawyers.
Located close to the Independence Center and the new Independence Event Center, White, Graham, Buckley & Carr, L.L.C. works with clients throughout Eastern Jackson County, as well as the Kansas City metropolitan area. We operate on a contingency fee basis, make home or hospital visits for clients unable to travel to our office, and have evening and weekend hours available on an appointment-only basis. Contact our office online to schedule a free initial consultation with a lawyer from our firm.